Oakland Ballet Company presents
Thursday, May 30 - 7:30 pm
Friday, May 31 - 7:30 pm
Saturday, June 1 - 3:00 pm
Saturday, June 1 - 7:30 pm
Odell Johnson Performing Arts Center at Laney College
900 Fallon Street, Oakland
A fast-paced and family-friendly performance that brings the tales of Kipling's "Jungle Books" to life through an exciting mix of modern ballet, Bharatanatyam dance, and an all-Indian music score. Also featuring performances by Nava Dance Theatre.
Artistic Director Graham Lustigs version of Kipling's classic tales is set in an urban city, complete with disco nightclubs, construction sites, and junkyards inhabited by feral dogs.The all-Indian musical score includes classical ragas, bhangra, and folkloric music from across India.
Created in collaboration with master bharatanatyam dancer and teacher Renuku Srinivasan of the Tala Shruti Dance School, Jangala's combination of classical Indian dance and modern ballet, makes this an exciting and innovative performance that is enjoyable for adults and children alike.
Seating is general admission for all shows and is on a first come first serve basis.
Theater doors open 30 minutes before the performance for seating.
- Tickets will be available for purchase on-line up to 4 hours prior to the performance.
- The box office and will call open 1 hour before each performance.
- Theater doors open 30 minutes prior to each performance.
Getting to the Theater:
- Odell Johnson Performing Arts Center is located within blocks of the Lake Merritt BART Station and several AC Transit bus lines.
- Several paid parking lots and garages are within easy walking distance of the center.
- Limited street parking is available.
For more details, visit www.OaklandBallet.org.
Odell Johnson Performing Arts Center Laney College (View)
900 Fallon Street
Oakland, CA 94607
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|